Check out a sample chapter from the Second Edition today:
Tell Me More!
Wildland Fire Fighter: Principles and Practice, Second Edition covers everything an NFPA Wildland Fire Fighter I and II (NWCG Fire Fighter Type 2 and 1) needs to know. The Second Edition meets and exceeds the job performance requirements and objectives as outlined in the following National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and National Wildland Coordinating Group (NWCG) standards:
- NFPA 1051, Standard for Wildland Firefighting Personnel Professional Qualifications, 2020 Edition (Chapters 4 and 5)
- NWCG S-190, Introduction to Wildland Fire Behavior, 2020 Edition
- NWCG S-130, Firefighter Training, 2008 Edition
- NWCG L-180, Human Factors in the Wildland Fire Service, 2014 Edition
The Second Edition Features:
- Two distinct sections that allow instructors the flexibility to teach Wildland Fire Fighter I and II
course(s) the way they wish:
- Comprised of eight chapters, Section 1 sets the foundation for Wildland Fire Fighter I knowledge and understanding.
- Comprised of seven chapters, Section 2 encompasses the higher-level competencies required for Wildland Fire Fighter II.
- Brand new chapters, including The Wildland Fire Service, Wildland/Urban Interface Considerations, Tools and Equipment, Human Resources, and Radio Communications
- Scenario-based learning with case study scenarios found in each chapter
- Skill Drills with step-by-step explanations and visuals for important skills and procedures
- End-of-chapter reviews with detailed chapter summaries and key terms
- New and improved photos and illustrations, showing visuals of incidents and training simulations
To learn more about this dynamic resource or to order your copy, visit http://go.psglearning.com/WFF2E/.